Friday, October 4, 2013

Conflict Theory

This week one thing that stood out to me was the large amount of unique theories. The one I chose to focus on in class, was conflict theory. But what exactly is conflict theory?

Conflict theory is the individual way that people deal with conflict. It occurs in nearly all relationships and everyone has experienced it at one time or another.

The reason that conflict theory stood out to me is not necessarily because I have a lot of conflict in my life, but more because I'm always working on how I can better deal with conflict.

I'm newly married and you can bet your bottom dollar that I have dealt with a good amount of conflict during the last few weeks.  Being newly married, here are some of the conflicts that I have experienced recently: (Sharing these with permission of husband)

1.
I like the shower curtain shut after I'm done, because it's cute and I like it looking clean.
I like the toilet seat down after using it.
I like to pour gallons of milk into cups to drink, rather than drinking from the whole gallon.

I am not the best at being ready on time.
I am not the best with always having the laundry done.
I am not the best with letting my husband go to sleep at night (I love to talk)

Haha. I hope you are laughing because I am! Conflict is so prevelent in relationships and my husband and I are slowly learning how to best deal with it. What is worth talking about, and what is worth just dealing with it and loving the person anyways. I think we have been doing great so far and I am lucky to have a husband who is kind, loving, and helpful.

With the help of conflict theory, we can better communicate and figure out how to best resolve conflict together.

2 comments:

  1. Those describe me perfect! hahaha oh funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is so fun! I love this! The honesty is great.

    ReplyDelete