Friday, October 18, 2013

Gender Role Confusion

This week's topic was that of Gender Roles. Now I discussed Men vs. Women last week and these are very similar topics, and mostly the same. But my favorite activity of this week was watching the documentary on homosexuality. I loved that the documentary claimed that some homosexuals claim that they were born that way. Well - that's not true. They did a study on identical twins, seeing that their genetic makeup is identical. Then, they figured that if they tested identical twins, if one was gay then the other would be as well, meaning they were born homosexual. Only 11% of twin sets were BOTH homosexual. The rest, only one of the two.

I do agree though, that some may struggle with homosexuality in their lives here on earth. I am a strong believer that everyone has their own earthly struggles and I do think that same-sex attraction is real. However, I think that we are each given our own trials because Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need in order to become our very best selves. He knows what will refine us so that one day, we can become like Him. I was so inspired by the documentary, and seeing so many men who had overcome this trial in their lives. I wish that I could show everyone it, because it showed me that we can overcome our trials once we surrender ourselves to the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment